Two years with only that medium-sized backpack?
Besides being about packing light and embracing the journey, Jiak Hong with Jia Hong is a story of a curious Malaysian travelling in 2012-2013.
Among the highlights are:
- Taking the Trans-Siberian railway in third class
- Cycling 2,000 kilometres across Taiwan and Japan on a folding bike
- Sitting on a jet fighter in California
- Learning Spanish from a cleaner in Mexico
- Meeting a guy who has been travelling for 23 years
- Staying with locals in Sudan
- Finding Love...
"Jiak Hong with Jia Hong" is an account of my two years’ worth of experiences and discoveries. The memoirs are mixed with random thoughts, ideas and facts that I found interesting. This is the way that I have learned to see the world—a thread that is interconnected together in a way that seems so complex, beautiful and overwhelming that it has to be shared. Visit www.jiakhong.com for more information.
All post distribution proceeds of the book will go to education initiatives. Here is my first pledge from the proceeds of the book:
Raise RM10,000 for Teach For Malaysia (TFM)
Also, I will also donate books to school libraries, and plan to share my experiences with schools/ colleges through talks and open sessions.